Conditions of Entry to Thebarton Aquatic Centre
At Thebarton Aquatic Centre (TAC), we want everyone to have a good time and to be safe. The rules and policies of the TAC are put in place to ensure the comfort and safety of all customers. TAC management reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any person not respecting the conditions of entry and associated TAC staff direction.
Conditions of entry are subject to change without notice.
1. TAC is a “Smoke Free” venue. This means the entire venue as well as undercover areas outside and within 7 metres of entrances to the TAC.
2. You are required to follow staff directions at all times. Failure to do so may result in eviction from the TAC.
3. TAC is a family friendly venue and any abusive, disruptive, aggressive or offensive behaviour and language will not be tolerated. In the case of serious offences or criminal activity, police will be notified. In the case of any damage to TAC property, you will be responsible for these costs.
4. Any persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the TAC, and no drugs or alcohol are to be brought into the TAC.
5. No pets or animals permitted in the Centre, with the exception of Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and Assistance Dogs.
6. For health and safety reasons, glass bottles or glass containers, alcohol and drugs, sharp objects, knives and weapons are prohibited from the TAC. Management reserves the right to inspect any bag and/or articles of clothing for prohibited items.
7. You must take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of any dependents in your care. TAC staff will follow procedure in the event of any accident or incident. If this requires professional medical assistance or an ambulance to be called, you will be responsible for these associated costs.
8. You are responsible for all your belongings that you bring into the TAC and, to the extent permitted by law, TAC accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of belongings.
9. You enter the TAC, use the TAC facilities and participate in any program at TAC at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, the TAC, and any of its officers, employees and contractors accept no liability for any property damage, theft, loss, injury or death which may occur at TAC. To the full extent permitted by law, you release and discharge TAC from all liabilities and claims out of your use of the TAC facilities.
10. For the purposes of patron and staff safety, TAC uses CCTV and alarm security surveillance systems. We reserve the right to use these images for security purposes related to the TAC, and as such, you may be monitored or captured on CCTV footage.
11. TAC reserve the right to authorise TAC staff or other representatives, to take photographs and videos of patrons from time to time, including you or any minors in your care or under your supervision, for marketing or promotional purposes without prior notice to you, payment to you or express consent from you. You are deemed to consent to such photos or video footage being taken by entering and using the facilities unless you inform our staff members by filling up a form at TAC Reception.
Pool Use Conditions
1. Please observe pool safety rules and signage at all times.
2. Please shower before entering the water.
3. TAC supports and enforces the WATCH AROUND WATER program and follows their guidelines:
Children under 10 years are not allowed entry unless under active supervision of a person 16 years or older.
Parents or guardians should actively supervise their children at all times. As such, they should be dressed ready for action, including unexpected entry to a pool.
A parent or guardian must accompany his/her/their children between 0–5 years in the water at all times and must remain within arm’s reach of the child.
For children 6–10 years, a parent or guardian should be close enough to make eye contact with the child and be constantly watching them.
Photography and Camera Use Conditions
- You are welcome to take photos provided the privacy of other members is respected. The use of cameras, video recorders and smartphones within the Centre are conditional upon the following:
- You must have all relevant individuals consent to take, use or broadcast their images as it is illegal to broadcast or publish images without consent.
- You must have all relevant individuals’ consent to take and use images
- Under no circumstances are cameras, video cameras and mobile phones to be used in the change rooms.
The rules and policies of this facility are put in place to ensure the comfort and safety of all customers. Thebarton Aquatic Centre management reserves the right to:
- Remove customers who disobey the Conditions of Entry and refuse to follow the direction of staff or display inappropriate or anti-social behaviour.
- In the case of serious offences or criminal activity, law enforcement agencies will be notified. Management reserves the right to refuse entry in the future.
- Before anyone is evicted or banned from TAC, staff will ensure that the individual is heard and provided with an explanation of why the eviction/ banning will be implemented.
- If entry is refused for a period of time, the person affected has a right to appeal. This needs to be done in writing to management addressing the reasons why the exclusion period has been incorrectly managed. Management will review the process and provide an outcome to the affected person in writing.